Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Eagle's Wings

The time comes when we have to get out of our comfort zone.

In a book I was reading this morning, it said:
God's direction usually begins with discomfort. 'like an eagle stirs up its nest...The Lord...led him...'. Eagles learn to fly when their mum pushes them out of the nest and over the cliff's edge. Can you imagine their thoughts? 'Mum what you playing at!' But it's only when the eagle is forced out of its comfort zone that it discovers it was born to fly, spreads its wings, releases its power and finds its place in the heavens. Has god been stirring up your nest? Relax! He's leading you!

That really encouraged me, because recently God has been stirring up 'my nest' and making me think and Ive become real nervous! Ive been praying, seeking, reading and I still wasn't sure weither to lead worship in the bomb. But my friend Debby gave me that push over the cliff and forced me to fly. I know its about a month away, but Im not as nervous as I was because I know God's leading me!

Which is such a relief! I'm not doing it on my own, I'm not doing it for myself, I'm not doing it to please anyone else except my God. Which Im extremely please and happy to go for!

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 7:29 am , Blogger Food Fairy said...

Hi! U must be a Christian. Its awesome to find one on here! :) Which church do u go to? :)

About this blog, its great coz last Sunday I just exhorted about the "Eagle's story" at our Dawn Prayer Meeting at church. The text was Isaiah 40:31, which is actually my favorite verse and i appreciated it more when I learned the story of the "eaglets and the Mother Eagle"... Its amazing! God is beyond awesome!!! :)

 
At January 13, 2006 7:09 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah sometimes you feel like that its a different day but the same old shit,and you feel like running away to never come back but God helps you through.

 
At January 14, 2006 12:33 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

eagles are the highest flying birds i think. so with the littlest push, you can soar high into the sky and 'get closer to god'
in more ways then 1
love ya xxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home