Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Memories are the all important

Everynight, I take my curtain thing away from my window, turn my light off and sit at my window-cile. Thinking. I could sit there for hours. Sometimes I do.

Just really relaxes me and gives me time to think and watch the stars. Sometimes I end up smiling, most of the time crying. But its all to do with memories. Memories have become real important to me recently.

But everynight, I have listened to this song at least twice and listening to it has always made me cry.

Middle of nowhere
Finally you can breathe
Nobody knows your name
It's easier

Shut your eyes tightly
Clench your fists 'til they almost bleed
Cautiously, lightly
Gently expose what's underneath

And all you feel now
Is the scarlet in your day
Even it's real
You can't stay...


So there you go
You're gone for good
There you go
You're gone for good


Your mind is swollen
From months of thought without release
They've taken their toll on you

This very moment
Of timid and fragile honesty
Is precious and rare and fleeting

And all you feel now
Is the scarlet in your day
Even it's real
You can't stay...


Man, that Brooke Fraser really does know how to write deep songs, and so many on her album I can relate to!

so their's your update Serena.

xx

4 Comments:

At December 15, 2005 8:27 am , Blogger Sarah said...

Awww... That song is awesome... Memories are important.. It is sad knowing that you have so many great memories that thats all its going to b e for such a time.. But then there are always more memories that you make.. I have learnt that since moving away from NZ for the past 3 1/2 years...
Hun.. Trust me it does get better and you soon dont have to always dwell on the past memories but you can look towards the future where there will be great memories to make... I know this is not going to help right now but I love you loads and all you will have are those great memories in your heart forever..
xxxx awww... Its starting to kick in now...
a little song that I want to share with you....
"Dont worry, dont worry be happy Hat be happy.. I will always have you close in my heart so dont worry, dont worry be happy be happy..."
A Ukrainian sung that to me when I couldnt stop crying (haha!) It was well sweet and I thought I would pass that on to ya! :o)

 
At December 16, 2005 6:36 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

memories are what can make us smile, laugh, cry all at the same time

 
At December 17, 2005 8:06 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think out of everything in the universe, the stars are probably the most beautiful thing. i know wen i dont kno where my life is heading, or i just need a breather for some clarity i look up at them and it makes me feel better. Who knows, perhaps they have soothing qualities. luv bex

 
At December 18, 2005 3:31 pm , Blogger MissHarwood said...

Totally agree...stars are awesome.
full stop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home