Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas

Man...Christmas.

what's it really all about? Ah...wheres this post going? Yeah, well, its how I feel at the moment, so something something something to you if you don't like it!

I was having a conversation with a friend the other night and he was saying 'cmon...get into the christmas spirit, you'll have fun; presents, food, it'll be great'. Man, that made it even worse!

Christmas isn't about stuffing your faces with food, or getting the most presents, or having the most lights on your house. Grow up and see the reality of it!

Its about spending time with the people you love the most, making memories with family and even friends, but most of all; to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I love it when on Christmas eve just me and my family, having a cheese fondue, some prawns cocktails and just some chill out family time.
I love it when I see my nan smile when she sees me or Ben smile at putting Christmas presents under the christmas tree.
I love it when Chester gets fixsated on the sausages my dad cooks every Christmas morning.
I love it when on christmas morning we have 'family prayer time' - 'FPT' and we pray for other people, and not for ourselves and that we get the right presents.

I love all this stuff. I really wouldn't mind if I didn't get presents, I wouldn't mind if we didn't have lights outside our house (which we don't this year!), I really wouldn't mind if I didn't have an advent calendar to count down the days.

All I want for Christmas is to be with the people with the ones I love. And if I can't be with you in person...I'll be with you in spirit.

So, just to leave you all with a gift parting:
Don't get glued onto what everyone else thinks christmas is - presents, food, money, lights.
Get glued onto what everyone else isn't thinking christmas is.

Merry Christmas and to all, a good night
xx

5 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 9:36 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

that was a really thought prevoking post for me, i mean, i supose i sort did really only looked forward to christmas for the presents. but your right, there are so many things more important then the gifts we recieve..i mean other than the most important of all...like spending time with family, i love having both my mum and dad's parents over on christmas day and then we all go round my aunt's on boxind day.
lv ya xxxxxxxxxxxx
..

 
At December 24, 2005 5:50 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you.

 
At December 24, 2005 6:34 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

WHAT EXACTLY IS A CHURCH SLUT?

 
At December 25, 2005 6:30 pm , Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Happy Holidays!!

 
At December 29, 2005 7:31 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

put some clothes on

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home