Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Money is SO over-rated

As some of you know, my Dad is his own boss - a plumber - and he has one employee, Rich...



Now, as some of you may not know, there hasn't been much business for my dad, so the Harwood crib aint had much money.

Some of you reading this are gonna be thinking 'Awwww, poor Hat...' But its not like that at all. Thinking about it now, I think God has blessed me by not giving me money these last couple of months! Sounds weird, but it kinda makes sense; Ive been able to just hang out with friends without having to actually go somewhere and do something - more time for personal, meaningful conversations. Ive also caught up on school work, which is what I wanted to do and Ive also had time to just chill with God.


Yeh, sure there have been times when I went into town and wanted something so badly and got in a fat-ass mood about not being able to buy it, but I think its taught me -> Do I actually need it? Do I actually need half the stuff I want?

It just shows me how much I take for granted. I have such a easy life compared to lots of people and yet I don't thank God every day for it. I should at least be able to do that! But i wanna do more than saying 'Thank you' I wanna show 'Thank You' by being an example to others and sharing the truth and what I believe in.

As Andy says 'Im gonna come into landin' here...' by saying Don't let a day go by without at least saying Thank You for what you have in life.

3 Comments:

At October 04, 2005 8:30 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

wicked post. although its alot easier to say ur gonna be an example then 2 actually do it. trust me i know, but then again i didnt pray much or ask for help i just expected it to happen - big mistake! - so remember to keep pray ing for it too
lv coke
xx

 
At October 05, 2005 6:06 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said to here that times are hard in the Harwood household, I pray you in-herit your parents Faith in Lord, I know that from my experiences... simply 'God will provide' I know it may seem as little in words. Keep praying for your family hat, I am as well. Many Blessings Adz Kelz

 
At October 05, 2005 8:09 pm , Blogger MissHarwood said...

awww Adam..your so sweet!! thanks for ya advice, and thanks for looking at my blog!! really appreciate your comments...missing ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home