Thursday, October 27, 2005

At peace with myself

Nowadays, the only time I feel at peace with myself, is if im staring out my bedroom window at the stars, or lying in my garden watching the clouds swim across, feel the heat from the beautiful sun and watch the beautiful green and red trees sway in the wind. It gives me time to think, about everything. And even if its just for a minute, i feel so refreshed.



The other morning, i spent about 45 minutes just sitting on a bench in Horsham park by the duck pond. I sat so still the whole time, birds were flying right next to me and landing on the bench. It was early enough so that no-one else was around to make any noise, so the wildlife would carry on as normal. It was gorgeous to watch. A big fat robin came and perched itself right next to me for a second, then flew down to the ground and started looking to food. Ducks would walk straight past, no hesitation, no fear, just woddled on. 5 Swans were the only thing that disrupted the peace by having a race across the pond. Although spoiling the peace, it was amazing to watch, then the peace covered the pond again. It was just beautiful to watch all of God's creation carry on as normal right infront of my eyes.



It was so nice just to have some time observing something else for a change. I guess Ive been so wrapped up in my busy life recently, I haven't taken a step back and looked at what Im doing or appreciated my work. Just thought 'Right, thats done...on with the next thing'.

I guess sometimes we get so wrapped up in other peoples problems for a long period of time, we neglet ourselves in a way. Heres one piece of advice: don't! Don't neglet yourself, your so important. Ive been so wrapped up in other peoples problems for a while now, im totally messed up in the head. Ive luckily found a way to sort my head out, but its taking me a while to get my head round things. Ill be otay, but will you?

5 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 8:00 pm , Blogger RandomQueen said...

i no how u feel. must b gd to just sop and think. i NEED to do that soon!
i need some me time... n soon
thanks for the advice!
lv ya xx

 
At October 30, 2005 12:26 am , Blogger Sarah said...

Love the expressing hunny.. Keep it up... Your a treasure Hat... Its awesome when you can just think for yourself for just a moment and recognise that you have a life, you have emotions and you have feelings about things that always creep up in your life.. Treat yourself from time to time and give yourself the time to think about whats goin on in Hat World... Its alot healthier doing that keep it up! Love B XxX

 
At November 03, 2005 2:44 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

completely random i kno but tried to join dwell's forum and it wont let me *sobs* help me out here! :-)

 
At November 03, 2005 3:58 pm , Blogger MissHarwood said...

You need to register to leave a comment Becky

 
At November 06, 2005 4:02 am , Blogger Youssef Elmasri said...

I'm glad you get to spend some quality and peace time with yourself. It's so sad how busy we are all the time that we fail to appreciate the beautiful things around us. And it's all for free! All we have to do is stop, take a look out there and there it is. But we don't do that as often as we should.
And you know what? It seems to me that no matter how hard we work in that busy life of ours it never ends. On the contrary, we get more consumed and things keep getting crazier. So one definitely needs to do what you're doing every once in a while. KEEP IT UP!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home