Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Prayer and Fasting

Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.
Acts 14:23

Ive been praying and fasting today and from 8-1 it felt like a normal day (minus the breakfast) (and added some longer prayer this morning) and then it got to lunch, and i couldn't be near food, so I went to the LRC with Jakka and Gary Lee. But now, I'm on the verge of my tummy rumbling. And it's testing me. This no food business is actually relatively hard considering we have 3 meals a day + like 1billion snacks and become obese.



But walking home from college, I was talking with God, and I realised, all day I hadn't been in awe of his beautiful creation...which is a bit weird, cuz I'm always praising God for what he's blessed this beautiful world with. So I lifted my head up, RIGHT up so I was looking at the sky and not where I was walking, and I saw clouds. They looked so soft and beautiful. Cuddly. This was God hugging me while I was weak. While I was fragile. He was helping me.

Why is it that with praying and fasting...the fasting side of it is more fascinating? When someone asks you why you're not eating, you say 'Because I'm fasting.' and not 'Because I'm praying and fasting.' I did it today. Only drinking water this minute while feeling like I'm drowning because I'm weak from lack of food is making me realise...that God is my strength through this. This is a time when I'm weak, fragile, in pain and I need to let him take control and help me, carry me.

Aswell as God taking control of the hunger/weakness situation. We're also supposed to be praying for something/someone. Well, don't have to, it's our free choice - but that's the idea. And so I'm giving my heart to God for this person I'm praying for. Putting the situation in God's hands even though it's not my situation. And I strongly believe with all my faith something is going to change and theres going to be an amazing shinning light of the living God that will be radiant.


My Dog is cooler than yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home