Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dare you to move....go on...I dare ya...

It's times like these I wish God would just open up the plan he has for me. Just lay it all out, direct me, so I know exactly where to go, my point in life, and where and when to get ready to meet him.

But I guess these earthly knocks we get, open up our eyes to the beauty of God. One song really helped me today. Dare you to move by Switchfoot. It can mean so much in different situations. But for me, it meant 'Get off your butt lazyass, stop feelings sorry for yourself and do something! Be greatful you ungreatful...erm...pooface. geez!' Thanks Jon Foreman and God!



Ive actually done alot today...and even though I feel like my legs are gonna break off, my backs got eternal bruises and my eyes are having to be pinned back with washing line pegs...I feel greeeeat! I have actually done alot today! Saweeeeet! Go Hat...itsha birthday...we're gonna partay like itsha birthday!

So yeah, I was at a funeral today...but it was an awesome funeral. Christian guy. A celebration of him moving up in the world...to eternal life. Lucky guy! His little son made a contribution and brought a song called One Way (Kid's Version) and me, Ben and Brett were sitting at the back while this was being played. And all we could do was smile and sing along...kinda under our breath...didn't wanna be disrespectful...but it was just such an awesome song for his eight year old son to have made as a contribution!



Made me see how much impact at a young age you can make. Working with children recently has really made me think more about job stuff. I've always absolutely loved working, helping or playing with little kids. They're just so full of life (and you can act like a little kid too and not have people think you're immature...psssh...too much pressure in this generation...when I was your age...) but it's been totally awesome. Actually made me consider what teaching at primary school would be like. Or some kind of work within children. mmm...I shall have to look it up i think.

But that is probably the only thing I can think of as a career at the moment...apart from electronic stuff...but I'm a girl...so I doubt I'd get paid much. but yup...possible career move.

shuuuuuun.

9 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 8:45 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will AWLWAYYSS!! be children around for you to help with! - and b 2nd childhood with! esp if u ever get to be an aunty!!!!! However - your job/career culd b for life!!

 
At September 02, 2006 11:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOP TIP - Don't get asked out by 10 years old either

 
At September 04, 2006 11:47 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just want to do electrical stuff cos of nick thats such a pathetic reason - and don't say its cos u actually like it - yeah rite

 
At September 04, 2006 12:05 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its pretty obvious who wrote that comment - who else would? Why do you think there is something going on behind your back? You write these comments and then you wonder why you dont get invited to things. How about, everytime i meet a girl i will ask you if i can hang round with them, that alright? Think of the concequences of your words!

 
At September 04, 2006 6:47 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...right. for your information, this wasn't actually who you think it was. she shouldn't have to take the blame for it when it was me. she has completely forgotten everything that happened about that. its abi, laurens (step) cousin. lauren told me about all this when she came and stayed round mine in the summer. sorry if it sounded wrong, but she did seem annoyed! however, that was three weeks ago. things have changed. honest, i didn't mean to get you annoyed. i don't think i've met you nick, but from what i've heard you're a nice guy. and so is hat a nice girl. i guess i didn't think you would read it. kinda sounds spiteful now doesn't it! i really do take it back. just don't blame lauren. did you really think it was her?? Abi

 
At September 04, 2006 10:13 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Yes i really did/do think it was lauren because how did you (abi) know that i like electronic stuff?

2. Even if it wasnt lauren which is very likely that it was. it still needed to be said.

3. cant i live my life without all these HARSH COMMENTS

 
At September 06, 2006 4:56 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe so much fuss over one little boy :) me

 
At September 07, 2006 8:14 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hole thing made me smile :D

 
At September 07, 2006 10:40 am , Blogger MissHarwood said...

Now was that all really worth it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home