Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hardest things in life

One thing I've been struggling with recently is my looks. It's been such a pressure at this moment in life - seems like it's something compulsory in teen years. Why is it?

I have been talking to very few people about this problem...as it's a real inner self harming issue for me. So this is a huuuuuuuge step to blog about, but I know theres others out there deep down hurting and maybe even hating themselves. So to help you, I'm having to open up my entire heart to the voices of people I do not know. - Which is actually a scary thought. But this is what one friend said, that I had to think about...

Drives me nuts when beauties as you or her have such a low self esteem
but that's what some people say to me, and it 's somehow difficult to believe, probably because Satan knows how dangerous we become if we know how good , beautiful we are. So he does everything to keep us low. So we don't stand tall in some situations. We just have to pray against these seeds in our minds.
You are Jesus Sister!! -
God bless my friendxx

What no sane individual would consider to be beautiful has become our worlds desires. Many men and women cannot even sit down because of the immense pain they have from what their buttocks used to be. However, due to the lifestyles and cultures of today, many men and women are still persuing this lifestyle of living their life trying to be thinner and thinner everyday, loosing more and more weight and trying to persure 'beauty'.

A living skeleton.



An anorexic person has a distorted perception of what his/her body actually looks like. He/she may lose a little weight from a normal diet, gain positive attention from people around him/her, and then become obsessed with losing more and more weight. But no matter how thin he/she gets, he/she still sees his/her body as unacceptable and unattractive.

I did some research on the web and got two stories that I want y'all to read.

I had to do a Drama portfolio on eating disorders. And it was not the nicest project I've had over the years. But it did open up my eyes and make me more sensitive.

Being in an all girls school, of course rumours go round. Not huge ones, but still, you learn alot about people and insecurities and the pressure of life. I'd think it was crazy for the beautiful, popular and awesome girls to think less of themselves. For them to think they're were 'too fat' or 'too ugly'. Everyone would have a 'perfect' girl that was walking around those corridors and would try to be like that girl. Have the same hair styles, have the same curves, the same body weight. It's an impossible concept to acquire.

As I said before, I struggled with my looks...and I still do, but I've overcome my 'insecurities' more now. I've been reading a book recently by Joyce Meyers called Battle Of The Mind. When I first got this book, I thought This can't help me change my mind, and stop certain thoughts and beat the battle. But I was totally wrong. It has. It's an amazing book and I really recommend it.

But anyway, back to my point. Anorexia is really not needed. You're beautiful in your own way. And if someone can't see that, then what does it matter about then anyway? I know I'm not living for other people. Why should I be pleasing them with my looks? Yeah it's nice to look nice, but to hate yourself because of them? Who are you living for?

I haven't been anorexic or bulimic, but I have had strong thoughts about these. But I've been to scared to hurt myself in anyway. I've opened myself up to the whole wide world, and so I just wanna encourage anyone who wants help. To email me or something. Even anonymously if I know you and you don't wanna own up. Please. I don't wanna have the thought of people thinking any less of themselves when you're all beautiful people. Female and Male.

You're more than your body.

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 10:29 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all. No one can really understand what it is to be belima or anorexic unless you have been through it.
It is really horrible and tiring to go through.
But deep down of it all its because you have been hurt in some shape or form and its something that is either a comfort or a punishment that you put yourself through.
I know from experience. You tend to know what triggered it each time you throw up or starve yourself.
definately need to chat to someone about it. It's not just an illusion. Its a disease that is easyly cureable it just needs alot of strength and time to get through it all. Don't loose hope and a lesson i did most days. Look into a mirror and say "Hello beautiful!" It sounds like your up yourself but your not. If you cant accept yourself how are others going to accept you? It also says in the bible about loving yourself just like you love your neighbour. x

 
At June 20, 2006 10:32 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also for those that starve themselves all day and eat at night. Thats not doing you any favours because you gain more when you eat at night. So its best to eat during the day when your matabolism is working faster.
If your that worried about eating. Have breakfast (cereal and fruit!) Your are going to burn ore doing that then eating at night time.

 
At June 20, 2006 11:13 am , Blogger MissHarwood said...

Dont eat to excess
Dont eat to depress!
nice one Serena!!

I'll delete it, but next time...if you wanna say something like that, why not just email it to me?

Thanks mm, I'll check it out

Agz! Stop using abbreviations!!!!!!!! What does MIA mean?! :P You always do this to me! haha

Anonymous, yeah...I agree, no-one can really understand what it is unless you've been through it yourself, but when you've had strong thoughts towards it and so on, you know why and the how's. But good advice yeah. *thumbs up*

:D

xxx

 
At June 22, 2006 10:34 am , Blogger MissHarwood said...

That comment wasn't bitchy. And if it came across that way, I'm sorry. I just thought that maybe it was too personal to say on her, so i suggested emailing me or something. It wasn't a bitchy comment.

 
At June 25, 2006 5:02 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a grip! Stop taking things so damn personal amber
Its people like you that make the world so up tight.
Why do the best of friends get the rubbish ones that leech on to em.
I am so fed up with all this shit you girls do and how you treat Hat. Its so obvious that you are all jealous of her (only mentioning some of you girls from the UK!) Bad impression you guys are giving about uk girls.
Your never happy always bitching and moaning about Hat offending you or not treating you right.
What about how you treat her. At church for instance. Some christians you are.
You dont know me but I see it and Hat has is not the one to bitch about you guys it has always been that she tries to make things right and so on. but your immaturity and self centredness gets the better of you.
Its not her fault that everyone loves here and that guys can chill out with her because shes got personality. You guys would learn alot from her if only u guys looked at the potential she has and not always put her down and look at her faults ah you guys are a bunch of losers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home