Monday, November 02, 2009

Gracious Words

I realised something today...
Throughout the year before University, I prayed like mad for a Christian friend, and for me to have some girl-friends, because I don't have many girl-friends.
I live with 8 girls and 2 guys. How cool is that?! God totally has blessed me, I've been here for 6 weeks and I've only just realised!!! How open aren't my eyes!!!
So...maybe try opening your eyes up a bit.


I read Proverbs 16:24 this morning about the power of encouragement. It's amazing how we're designed so that when we're complimented/encouraged we feel a bit more confident or happy. And I guess the bible has hit it on the head again (as it normally does) by saying
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.

And it's not exactly hard for us to speak words of encouragment to someone each day is it? On average, a woman speaks 20,000 words a day, and men speak 7, 000. So it can't be difficult for 10 of those words to be a sentence of encouragement can it!?

Think about the biggest compliment you've ever been given...Mine would've have to be one of my friends saying that I was beautiful. 3 words...simple!
Try and give someone the biggest compliment/words of encouragement they will ever have been given.
Lemme know yours :)


God is good.
Freedom.
You girls are amazing.

2 Comments:

At November 06, 2009 4:48 pm , Blogger SuperSuzie said...

Hat :-)
it is true; you're beautiful :-)

Love Suzie xxxx

 
At December 16, 2009 3:02 pm , Blogger Nicola said...

I've been havong a lot of teaching on encouragment etc... not only is it good for us, but it glorifies God too! Is there anything better to do with your mouth than that?!
I love it!

For me, the best encouragement I've ever gotten was that someone said my husband will be a very lucky man. :D
and it's true you are beautiful, and you have an even more beautiful soul.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home