Saturday, September 06, 2008

Make me more like Jesus

There's always a degree of wanting more in my heart.
When I'm not close to God...I want more.
I want to know him better, understand him better, so I do everything I can. Speak to him, pray, read, meditate...everything.
And then when I'm getting closer (and by my arrogance I feel like I'm close) I slowly and discreetly back off without realising.
Now I've gone in a circle!
I want to know God again and get closer.

How silly of me. Why do I have this floor? So that God can show me time and time again how amazing and breath-taking he is.
And I happily allow him to show me how amazing he is.
Of course I am...I dwell in his grace!

I start Impact monday and I'm so syked bout it.
I thought I knew exactly what was happening...then I read Andrew Wilson's email and then I knew what was happening. Except I still don't know a real lot.
Starting Impact means I move out...so my blessed mother bought me some pink towels as a moving out present.
This year isn't just a change for me, it's a change for my family. We has only just clicked - see, arrogance.

Lord! Destroy me! Make me see!

3 Comments:

At September 13, 2008 8:56 am , Blogger the ecstasy onion said...

Arrogance is where you believe you got there without God.

He did the difficult bit, but that doesnt mean you cannot state 'i am close with God'

Remember, he is most glorified, bringing hope to broken people. Let him bring you hope.

lvlv

 
At September 13, 2008 3:55 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is more than this.

(Proverbs ch 3.)

Keep your heart with ALL VIGILENCE for from it flow the springs of life. (Proverbs 4 v 23)

 
At September 15, 2008 9:10 pm , Blogger MissHarwood said...

"Springs of life"
Its all about keeping ourselves in check...
I find James so useful for this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home