Monday, November 20, 2006

Smile like you mean it

I'm always trying to be a good person to be around.

Trying to be churpy and happy and bring joy to people.
Trying to be spiritually aware.

Trying to be aware of people and how to react to them.

I'm just trying to be an alright person all round.

But some things get the better of me. Like my academic skills...and all my other insecurities. I can't help what drives me. I can't help what makes me smile and doesn't. This is me. As I come.

I've always, my whole life, been trying to grow and be more like other people. More chilled, layed-back, more fun, more outgoing, more social, more hardworking, more sturn and more motivated. But I can't. I can't and shouldn't make idols of people. No-one should.

Dear Children, leep yourselves from idols.

1 John 5:21

I'm living my God how he wants me to...and I can only pray and ask for guidance that I'm doing the right thing daily.

Look across the world
And let us shine for you, Lord
The whole world is yours
And I want to live for you

I'm doing this for you.


2 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 10:53 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FISH!!!

:D

Nick
xxx

 
At November 26, 2006 2:34 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should always be seeking how we can grow and develop who we are....become more like jesus....is that not one of our aims in life?

We can't sit back and look at other people and wish we were like them cause we're not, we're all different and we have to come 2 terms with that. But looking at who other people are does help us form who we want to be.
Jakka
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home